Thursday 31 January 2019

"HEART-SICK" AT WYD SYDNEY KIDS NOT PRACTISING THEIR FAITH


Bruce Tichbon of Palmerston North comments on my last post, 'Worse still, I made a 'Big Judgment'!

To comment please open your gmail account, use my email address if you have it, or comment on Facebook.


I am heart sick at what you say:  "... to my knowledge, none of the WYD kids that Holy Trinity, Palmerston North Diocese, sent to Sydney WYD ...  is still practising their Catholic faith."

Why is the Church not getting the loyalty of our young people, even if we throw in an overseas jolly for them?

The modern liberal Church is offering 'non-judgmentalism', biculturalism and 'social justice'; divorce and remarriage are OK, cohabitation is fine, and plenty of scandal. Is the problem actually that our liberal Church can now hardly be differentiated from modern secular society?

I attended an orthodox Latin Mass at SSPX in Whanganui recently. There were rows of young people present, in their late teens and twenties. Is it actually the case that the young want real Catholicism, as preached by Christ?

I think the answers are close by, not in Sydney or Panama.

No comments:

Post a Comment