Thursday 24 January 2019

WORSE STILL: I MADE A 'BIG JUDGMENT'!



To comment, as usual please open your gmail account, use my email address or go to Facebook.




And worse still: I commented on Holy Trinity Central Hawke's Bay Facebook page that Pope Francis might be wasting his time at World Youth Day in Panama.

Holy Trinity had posted a lovely pic of Pope Francis stepping off the plane and waving. 

I said that to my knowledge, none of the WYD kids that Holy Trinity sent to Sydney - oh, the hours and hours we spent wood-splitting to raise the money! - to my knowledge, none of those young adults is still practising their Catholic faith. So Pope Francis might be wasting his time, and Bishop Charles Drennan of the Palmerston North, who's there too of course, thousands of dollars of diocesan funds.

This prompted Donna Te Amo to comment: BIG JUDGMENT! To which I replied that I'd love to be proved wrong. 

I believe many people have been hornswoggled by Pope Francis' famous comment, "Who am I to judge?"

The Lord, the Gospel and the Catholic Church all call us to exercise our judgment all the time, in all the great and small events of the day. How else can we avoid sin, except by judging what's sinful and what's not, for example? Note that I say 'what's sinful', not 'who's sinful'.

As long as we keep our judgment for actions, not the 'actors'. We must judge the deed, but never the doers. 

Mea culpa!

No comments:

Post a Comment