Thursday 24 January 2019

WHERE CAN I BUY A MAGA CAP?



That's torn it. I trashed my own reputation today, just when I was warming up to announce the publication of my first novel.

I stood up for Donald Trump. 

That's because I stood up on Facebook for the Covington kid who had the nerve to smile at a 'native American' (should we perhaps call Maori 'native New Zealanders'?) and even worse, had the nerve to wear a MAGA cap (for the politically inert and inept, that means 'Make America Great Again').

That brought Susan Jacobs out in a rash. Because anyone who wears a MAGA cap is publicly signaling their support of trump (sic) and that means a racist, misogynistic, a demoniser of immigrants, particularly those with brown skin, a supporter of imprisoning immigrant children and denying asylum - and Much More.

So I said, call me racist, misogynist, demoniser etc etc, but I hereby and forthwith signal my support of Donald Trump as the man who has done more than any other Amurrican alive today to defend the right to life, which is the most basic of all human rights and the one from which all others proceed - or not, as we see in Western 'civilisation' today.

Several other Facebook denizens joined the fray and lowered the tone of the debate until it was rescued and elevated once more by Paul Collits, who rightly described the Covington Crassness as a beat up and a non story.

Yes, I said, but the heat-up from the beat-up demonstrated the ability of the media - both print and 'social '- to make a non story into a horror story. Especially when it concerns the Catholic Church. 

That Covington kid was a Catholic.

No comments:

Post a Comment