Monday 1 July 2019

"SO BISHOP PETER, WHY AREN'T YOU PROTESTANT???"

To comment, open your gmail account, use my email address, Facebook, Messenger or Twitter. Scroll down for comments.



On the 500th anniversary of Martin Luther's split with the Catholic Church, an unnamed source of mine attended Bishop Peter Cullinane’s talk in Palmerston North on the ‘Reformation’.
(I for one prefer to call the it the 'Deformation', I felt sickened by the sycophantic Catholic clergy hype at the time.)

Anyway, as my spy relates, it was a talk on all +Peter's ecumenical dealings. 

The minister from St Alban’s Presbyterian Church, Palmerston North, was present, as were several other ministers from various other denominations (a scenario replicated, to our shame, by Catholic bishops and priests all over New Zealand; I myself remember in particular Auckland's Bishop Patrick Dunn publicly rejoicing with Protestant pastors over this demonically-inspired calamity.) 

At the first opportunity, St Alban's minister stood up and introduced himself,  asking the first Q in the Q & A session that followed Bishop Peter's address.

His question was, “So, why aren’t you Protestant?” 

I just about fell off my seat laughing!  I honestly got the giggles and couldn’t stop!  I still laugh even just thinking about it.

Had the good Proddy tried harder, could he have captured something so fundamental about the man in so few words?"




I say: 

Although that story might have made you laugh too, it's really not a laughing matter. 

Neither is the cartoon below, which comes from The Remnant.  Editor Michael Matt says he's actually not trying to make you laugh; he's using populist propaganda to raise Catholic consciousness on the heresy and apostasy evident in the working document (Instrumentum Laboris) for the upcoming Pan-Amazon synod, which will, Matt says, "exploit the Amazon people in order to abolish the celibate priesthood".
remnant cartoons Luthers little helper 002

1 comment:

  1. Well, he's been known as Protestant Pete for as long as I can remember.

    ReplyDelete