Sunday 4 November 2018

OUR SENIOR PRIESTS HAVE MORE THAN FALLEN FOR THE PROPAGANDA

To comment please open your gmail account. Thank you. Or if you have my email address, use that.



I'm reliably informed that last Friday the Processional hymn sung at the Leavers' Mass for St Peter's College Palmerston North, at the Cathedral of the Holy Spirit, was 'Underneath God's Beautiful Rainbow'.

Call me old-fashioned, but it took a while for its significance to sink in. I thought at first simply that it was ridiculously puerile for Year Thirteens - why on earth choose it? My informant had told me that when children at the cathedral were taught that song a decade ago or so, no one gave it a second thought. 

And at that, I did. I gave it a second thought. The last ten years have delivered the LGBTQ+ phenomenon. It's been introduced into school sex 'education', symbolized by a rainbow (ironically, the symbol of God's covenant with mankind). Adolescents are now encouraged to question their sexuality - but not surely, in a Catholic school? 

There were snickers during the singing, apparently of approval. And when I stop and think a third time, it's that for the first time, the term LGBT was included in a Vatican document in the recent Youth Synod. 

Now (I'm sounding like a Tv newsreader) to quote Canonist Fr Gerald Murray, "this is a terrible problem for the Church, some leadership are pushing Fr James Martin SJ's line, 'God made you this way'. It's not true. This is the agenda of the world. It's not Christian revelation. It's not the teaching of the Church. 

" 'Inclusive' in the mind of the gay rights activist is, 'grant us same-sex marriage, don't criticize sodomy and then start believing there really are transgenders and bisexuals. It's propaganda."

There's no point complaining to our bishop. Because +Charles Drennan, Monsignor Brian Walsh and Fr Joe Grayland were all there last Friday. They were singing 'Underneath God's Beautiful Rainbow'. They've fallen for the propaganda.


Please pray for our bishop and priests of the Palmerston North Diocese.


A liturgist (or should I say 'terrorist'?) of my acquaintance suggests I'm being unfair to Mons Brian Walsh, in that normally the celebrant at Mass doesn't know what the line-up of hymns or 'songs' (sigh) will be. And as a tyro organist myself, I know that.

But I also know that organists, liturgists and musical directors wouldn't schedule a song like 'Underneath God's Beautiful Rainbow' which for school leavers could at best be described as ridiculous and at worst, heretical, if they believed the priest celebrating the Mass would object. 

Maybe Fr Walsh has objected, and if he has I apologise. But it seems to me that whoever was responsible for planning that liturgy must have thought Mons Brian would not find 'Underneath God's Beautiful Rainbow' objectionable. And that speaks volumes about the worldly, non-Catholic culture prevalent at St Peter's and at the cathedral, and for that the person ultimately responsible is the bishop. +Charles Drennan.

Anon says: Our senior priests have more than fallen for the propaganda, they're promoting it. Another tick indicating the existence of  agenda to change irrevocably the nature and purpose of the Catholic Church.

No comments:

Post a Comment