Tuesday 20 March 2018

IN CASE YOU PALMERSTON NORTH DIOCESE PEOPLE WERE WONDERING


NB: to make a comment please open your gmail account. Thank you.


I've been asked - by a fellow vigilante, on the footpath outside Hastings Hospital last Thursday (Thursdays are when they kill unborn children) - about the recent request from the PN Diocese for suggestions to improve the Mass count (basically).

"Did you find out," he asked, "what's going to happen to our responses?"

I did. Having written a few pages - once I got started it was hard to stop - and knowing that at least two other parishioners had replied, I thought perhaps the responses could be circulated, with thanks.

Mainly because I remember years ago being asked to list all the hymns sung in our parish so the Diocese could approve them. Or not. It took me hours but I did so joyfully anticipating the day when I could biff  'A Mother as Lovely as You' (truly!). And it was 2018 before we were sent the List of Approved Hymns. 'A Mother as Lovely as You', I'm happy to say, was not on it.

But I digress. The parish team person I asked about the responses didn't know so I asked the parish secretary who asked Father.

Here's the reply:
This consultation is part of the Dioceses’ Strategic plan for the year 2018 and each parish feeds their ideas into this.  It is anticipated that the Bishop will sum up the pastoral year by issuing a pastoral letter to the Diocese.

So there you go. The Bishop will send us a letter.

No comments:

Post a Comment