Tuesday 4 February 2014

NOW THE COVER DESIGN FOR 'THE AGE FOR LOVE' RUNS INTO COPYRIGHT TROUBLE

The latest spanner to be thrown into the works of publishing my novel The Age for Love as an 'indie' ebook is an email from the Ozzie copyright agency representing the artist - who unfortunately for me hasn't been dead long enough yet - for the artwork I'm using for the cover, telling me overprinting the work is a no-no.

I would rather have been told before I went to the time and expense of having the cover designed, but it's now redesigned (and incidentally, improved). Now he/she - it's one of those genderless monikers - tells me if I use the digital file I found on the internet, the copyright he/she's granted will be void.

The agency's obviously keen to get the $370 fee. Tarred with the same brush as the literary agents whose emails have haunted me for the past year.

No comments:

Post a Comment