Monday 21 August 2017

JESUS WASN'T ANGRY WITH THE MONEY CHANGERS



An ex-priest has been quoted to me as saying, ‘NZ Catholic for me is an occasion of sin. I can get very angry, reading it.’

Surpassing wit. But as the occasion for repeating the remark was a Christian Meditation meeting, it's hardly surpassing charity.

It’s only to be expected that a Catholic newspaper will upset some people. If it didn’t, it wouldn’t be doing its job.
What’s unexpected is the anger of a Christian and a Catholic. ‘Let all bitterness, and anger, and indignation … be put away from you, with all malice’ (Eph 4.31).
And please don’t tell me that Jesus Christ was angry when he turned the money-changers out of the temple. I’ve yet to read a translation of that passage which states that he was angry.
Being human, we assume He was angry. We forget that He was divine.

No comments:

Post a Comment