Monday 10 April 2017

WE HAVE MORE IMPORTANT THINGS TO THINK ABOUT



Some outfit called 'Newshub' is busybodying around the issue of euthanasia. I just received an email asking me to state whether I support giving New Zealanders with terminal illness the 'right' to choose when they die.
So okay, this was my reply:
I do NOT support a 'right' to choose when to die which would inevitably morph into a duty to die. Just what is a 'terminal' illness, anyway? Altzheimer's is an illness and its sufferers are going to die sooner or later so aren't Altzheimer's or dementia  'terminal' illnesses?
Who's going to decide whether it is or not? And who would exercise the 'right' to die on behalf of those people?

New Zealanders are people of compassion, commonsense and courage. The Parliamentary select committee enquiring into euthanasia has already discovered that. 78% of New Zealanders do NOT support this absurdity.

We have more important things to think about.

No comments:

Post a Comment