Friday 4 May 2018

I' M FEELING NERVOUS (Letter to Dom Post, May 4)



To comment please log into your gmail account. 

I’m not too happy about the Reverend Michael Jones’ blueprint for his “Advance Care Plan” (Letters, May 4) which gives his family permission, if and when he gets dementia, to go ahead and euthanise him. That is of course, if the End of Life Choice Bill makes it through Parliament.

Actually, seeing my painkillers make me wobble, and I have to get hearing aids, and I’ve been diagnosed with cataracts, I’m distinctly nervous.

How long have I got (if the Bill gets through, that is) before my family suggest it’s time I should make out "My Advance Care Plan”? After all, they’ll need to persuade me to do it while I still have my wits about me.

Or maybe not. They could make it out for me, and just get me to sign it, with wits or without, when they’re ready.

Of course, my family wouldn't do that. But you get my drift.


No comments:

Post a Comment