Tuesday 21 June 2016

MURDOCH MOCKING THE MOTHER OF GOD (Letter to the Dom Post, June 21)



Murdoch, of course, has a perfect right to mock the Mother of God (June 21) but even a cartoonist has the concomitant responsibility of considering the consequences of his levity, even if it’s merely letters to the editor rather than masked gunmen storming the offices of The Dominion Post.
 
However, I won’t confine myself to predictable and entirely justifiable objections on the grounds of offence to Christians which would not be tolerated even in Islamic countries.
 
Although it may afford The Dominion Post an opportunity to reprint Murdoch’s insult - and make me a laughing stock - I have to say the publication of such effrontery in the capital’s daily paper makes me tremble for Wellington, the city I love.
 
God will not be mocked.

No comments:

Post a Comment