Sunday 3 January 2016

AN 'A' LETTER DAY



I was fairly amazed to see in today’s Dominion Post a letter I wrote and posted on this blog on December 28 which mentions the ‘A’ word.

I’d asked Grant Bayldon of Amnesty International to explain why his organisation, which defends all sorts of human rights, promotes a ‘right’ to abortion which denies unborn children the right to life.

Does Amnesty believe unborn children are not human, I asked, and if they’re not, what are they? (II eagerly await his reply.)

I’ve very rarely, if ever, had The Dominion Post publish any of my frequent letters on the subject of abortion. I have to wonder if this appearance of the ‘A’ word in the letters column might have something to do with one I wrote (see my post on December 31) asking why the media suppresses information on the health risks of abortion, and ‘in the wrestle over free speech, in which corner sits The Dominion Post?’

Maybe the New Year has brought to this paper at least a change of heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment